- We need your help this week!Our amazing Durham teachers need a break! Volunteers monitor the cafeteria during school lunch hours once per month to allow teachers to eat lunch in peace & quiet. And our teachers REALLY appreciate it! Our first Duty Free Lunch is this Wednesday, Aug. 21st. Please click this link to sign up & lend a hand!
- Attention 8th Grade Parents:
Magnet School Informational Session at Durham
On Thursday, September 5th from 9:20am – 10:20am, all 8th grade students will attend a presentation about CCSD Magnet Programs. Any interested parent is welcome to attend.
- Hearing Screening Volunteers
We are in urgent need of a few volunteers to help with our hearing screening in October. This is a critical service that we provide our children every year. Why urgent if the screening isn’t for a couple of months? The training will be the week of Aug. 26th-30th. Please send me an email if you are available to help with this wonderful & vital service.
- Committee Meeting
- A Note From Nurse Carey:
- Original container – box, bottle, prescriptions with pharmacy label; no loose pills in baggies, please!
- Current date – not expired.
- With CCSD Authorization form – any medication requires a CCSD authorization form and they’re easy to find on the DMS website, CCSD website, or in the school clinic. –
- OTC Form Link
- Prescription Form Link
Any questions? Nurse Carey is available at 770-975-6641 or Carey.Whitman@cobbk12.org
Thanks for helping us keep our Wildcats safe!
- Helpful Info From the Attendance Office:
Morning Check In – Parents do not have to walk their student in. They can send a note with their child stating the reason they are late. The student will report to the attendance office to check in and receive a pass to class.
Check Out – There will be no check outs after 3:45 pm.
Fast Past for Early Check Out — Send in a note with your child that you will be checking out early. Please include: date, time, check out reason, and parents signature. ****** Students should take note to the attendance desk before school or during homeroom to receive an early check out “Fast Pass” which will allow them to meet their parent in the attendance office. They will not have to be called.
Please help us to limit classroom interruptions. — If possible please plan your child’s check out time between classes and send a note. We want to limit calling into the classrooms and interrupting as much as we can. You can find the student’s full schedule on the Durham Web page.
Also if you do not send in a note, please be patient and allow for extra time in your pick up. You will need to wait as we retrieve your child from class, especially if they are at Fun Friday, Lunch, PE Class, Music Class and computer labs.
- AHS Youth Lacross
- New Spirit Wear on Sale Now
- No More Remind :/