- Winter Break This Week 2/17-2/21
- February Reading Challenge
The Durham Library challenges students to read at least 20 minutes each day of the mid-winter break for a total of 180 minutes. Accept Mrs. Baker’s February Break 2020 Reading Challenge in Biblionasium, add your books to the digital shelves, and log your minutes. For all the details, as well as for links to digital books and audiobooks, visit the Durham Library website. Also consider, using the Sora app for access to even more ebooks and audiobooks including those from the Cobb County Public Library. Mrs. Baker will celebrate those who complete the challenge with a special treat once we return from holiday. Happy reading Wildcats!
- HHS Elective Registration Underway
Attention Harrison Rising 9th parents – elective registration information is going home with students Friday, February 14th. The deadline to register (through StudentVue) is Friday, March 6th. If you are needing help with the elective registration process Harrison counselors will be at Durham on February 26th from 8:45am – 10:30am.
- AHS PTSA Nominating CommitteeThe Allatoona High School Buccaneers PTSA has established a Nominating Committee to create a slate of PTSA Officers for the 2020-2021 school year. We are seeking your help in searching for qualified candidates for our PTSA leadership. Our elected Executive Board consists of the roles of President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer. In addition, our appointed committee chairs are Membership, Hospitality, Communications and Family Engagement. At the request of our Art Department, we will be adding a Reflections Committee Chair in the coming year.Our long-term president will be stepping down due to his daughter’s graduation and our current co-president will be stepping down at mid-year for the same reason. Our current vice-president, secretary and treasurer will be running for re-election and are currently unopposed. Our committee chair positions are stable and our secretary has stepped up as a temporary Reflections Chair until a permanent chair person can be found. We have a very cohesive board and each member is a true pleasure to work with. We will be challenged with the loss of such a significant level of knowledge and experience at the top leadership level. We will work quickly to fill that void and build strong leadership in the coming year.We are seeking experienced PTA leaders who will have a vested interest in the well-being of Allatoona High School, the Buccaneer PTSA and/or the Acworth community. We welcome “co” leaders who may be interested in working along side of our current board members. We understand that it may take a little time to transition from the middle school PTSA level to the high school PTSA level. At the high school level, many of the fundraisers and activities are handled by booster clubs so the work load for a high school PTSA is much lower.If you are interested, or would like to suggest someone for nomination, please contact a member of our Nominating Committee:Keith Schumacher, Chairman678-859-6139Karen Rodgers678-427-1328Jorge Alonso770-595-0373
- Important Info for Rising 9th Grade Parents
Attention: 8th grade Parents
Here are the key dates for 9th grade registration. Registration for Core classes is done by teachers for each student. Please direct questions to Dr. Hunt in the Durham counseling office.
1/30 Parent Night at Allatoona- 6:30pm
2/3 Elective Registration, paper forms will be sent home
2/14 Elective Registration Closes
2/5 Student Presentation at Durham- 9:20am
2/5 Student Presentation at Durham 9:20am
2/12 Parent Night at Harrison 6:00pm
2/14 Elective Registration begins in Student Vue
2/26 Registration Support from Harrison counselors at Durham – 8:30am
3/6 Elective Registration Closes
4/16 Honors/AP Night at Harrison- 6:00pmFriday’s in February and March from 8:30-9:30 Counselors will be available at Harrison to answer questions.
- Jr. Bucs Cheer Program
- Last Chance For CFA Punch Cards
While we’ll continue to offer those YUMMY Chick Fil A biscuits every Wednesday morning, the last day to buy a punch card for pre-purchase will be Feb. 28th. Click here to find a printable form on our website here. You can always get more than one! 😉 (Note: Cards purchased this year can only be used this school year. For bookkeeping reasons, we are unable to carry-over.)
- AHS Cheer for Rising 9th Graders
- AHS Colorguard Clinic
“Spin with a Buc” Colorguard Clinic coming up on Mar. 14 (9 – noon). All students grades K-8 are welcome. Register here!
- Lady Hoya Spring Basketball Clinic
Registration is now open for
Harrison Lady Hoya Spring Basketball Clinics
March 9th-May 4th
Grades 3rd-8th, 6:30 p.m-8:00 p.m.
Registration ends as soon as it fills up
ticketspice.com/harrison- girls-spring-basketball- clinics