- Back to School Supply Kits
Make back to school EASY!
Purchase your School Supply Kits from the Durham PTSA!
- Contains the COMPLETE LIST required by Durham teachers.
- High-quality/Name-brand products.
- Supplies that Durham students WANT… ex: the “right” mechanical pencils that FLY OFF the shelves in the School Store.
- One Stop Shop!
- Pick up Canvas Bag of supplies at Meet and Greet July 28th !
- Support Durham’s PTSA and raise money for our students!
FOR SALE STARTING MAY 1ST AT
- Durham Artists Want Your Trash!
Durham artists are always putting their creative skills to the test. Art teacher Mrs. Gaut says the art room is “going green.” She’s asking for donations of recyclables like egg cartons, cereal boxes, magazines, tin cans, and bottle caps for the next round of student projects. We can’t wait to see how they’ll turn this trash into treasure!
- State Reflections Awards
Two Durham students made it all the way to the state level of the PTA Reflections art program. The awards were presented last Sunday. Seventh grader Olivia Plummer was honored for her literature entry. Brayden Smalley (pictured) won first place in the sixth grade dance choreography division. In each category, one first place middle school winner is chosen to go ahead to nationals. The eighth grade dance entry is moving on, so unfortunately, this is the end of the road for Durham, but we are so proud of these students. We’re proud of all the Wildcats who chose to tell their stories through Reflections! Next year’s theme is “Within Reach.” It’s not too soon to start planning!
- Calling all awesome people!
We need you! We are looking to find some hard-working, selfless folks to fill vacancies on a couple of our committees and on our Executive Board!
If you are willing or know someone that is AWESOME! Please download this Nominations form, complete and turn in to our PTSA kiosk.
If you would like to serve but have questions please feel free to text Robyn Cathey 7702415414 or email email@example.com
It has been a pleasure to serve but my time here at Durham is over for a few years until my younger kiddos get here. Let me fill you in on what volunteering in these areas looks like!
Durham PTSA PRESIDENT
- Durham PTSA Text Reminders
Because sometimes Siri and Alexa just can’t cover it… another helper is on deck: Durham PTSA’s text reminders. We’ll send out periodic updates to keep parents posted on things like dance permission slip deadlines, Olympic t-shirt sales reminders, and those all-important chicken biscuit Wednesdays. To try it out, text @durhamptsa to 81010. You may opt out at any time.
- School Store
New year, new notebook? It’s time to replenish those school supplies for a fresh start this semester. To make sure students are set up for success, have them visit PTSA’s School Store. We’ve stocked it with everything they need (and perhaps a few things they want) to help inspire them to keep up those grades. The School Store is open every morning, from 8:30 to 9:15. Come check it out!
- iCare School Improvement Project Begins
We’re very lucky at Durham to have so many resources available to our students. We’re also very lucky to have parents backing our PTSA who see a need, and fill it. Last year we voted to take on updating technology in our media center. Less than four months later, students were working on new computers and utilizing a giant interactive smartboard. This year, we see another need: iPads. They’re a valuable, convenient way to use technology in the classroom. Many schools, even elementary schools, are using iPad carts. Each wheeled charging cart holds 30 tablets. Durham has none.
Last week, PTSA approved purchasing one iPad cart at a cost of $12,498. Those funds are available thanks to Durham families’ support of PTSA. But we can do better!
How to Help
Those 30 iPads won’t go far with our 1100 students. We need your help to buy more. PTSA is dedicated to “no-sell” fundraising. We do not ask students to sell products to fund PTSA projects. We hope that instead, you will do one of two things:
- Join PTSA during our Fall Membership Drive. Membership does matter! Click below to purchase even a $7 membership and be a part of this important project. The benefits, including free admission to our student dances, will far outweigh your cost.
- If you are already a Durham PTSA member, please make a small donation to this project. Pledge, “iCare about Durham.” Click the button below to donate online, or you may send a check to deposit in the PTSA kiosk across from the media center.
Thank you for always coming through for our kids!