- Happy Fall Break!
- Reflections Is Underway!
This year’s Reflection topic is:
Unleash a creative tsunami on this beautiful topic! For more details, go to DMS PTSA Reflections Page.
- Magnet Program Info
MAGNET SCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES
Cobb County offers 6 incredible magnet programs & the new Cobb Innovation and Technology Academy. There will be a ZOOM presentation on October 7, 2020 at 10am. Zoom link details will be sent out prior to the meeting. Below our links to the magnet application timeline and the magnet application portal. If you have any questions, please contact the 8th grade counselor, Angie Hunt: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to portal for magnet application:
Link to magnet application timeline:
wp-content/uploads/2020/09/ 2020-21-Magnet-School- Timeline.pdf
An overview of CCSD’s magnet schools can be found here:
Wheeler Magnet Virtual Prospective Student Night – October 22
Potential applicants and their parents or guardians are invited to join our faculty and staff at our Prospective Magnet Student Night on October 22 at 6pm. This year’s event will be virtual with live and recorded sessions about our curriculum and student life. You will have an opportunity to attend live sessions with students, staff and teachers. Registration is required. Register for this event.
- Nurse Carey Says…
- Library Card Sign-Up Month
CALLING ALL STUDENTS! YOU HAVE A LIBRARY CARD!
Use your Library P.A.S.S. (student number and 4 digit pin—birth month and date) to check out print books as well as digital content. The Cobb County Public Library System has abundant programming and resources available to CCSD students for FREE and even offers curbside check out of print books! See the Durham Library blog highlighting this information.
Also going strong is the Durham Library’s curbside print book check out. Place your books on hold anytime, and swing by Wednesdays to pick up your selections. Happy Reading Wildcats!
- PTSA Membership Matters!
JOIN THE DMS PTSA
During these trying times, your DMS PTSA is still hard at work. Become a member now! Join us today to help support our students & staff!
Go to https://durham.memberhub.
store/ where you can sign up to be a PTSA member &/or donate to our “No Sell” fundraiser all online.
If you’d prefer, you can print out the form below & mail it to us with a check to the address on the form.
- AHS Youth Basketball
- FREE LUNCH!Beginning Monday, 9/14, weekly Meal Kits are available at NO CHARGE to all children ages0-18 through Dec. 31, 2020 (the end date is dependent on available funding).Please go to the Cobb Food & Nutrition Services webpage for pick-up times and locations. http://info.cobbk12.org/
- Your child does not need to be enrolled in the CCSD to receive meal kits at no charge.
- Parents/guardians will no longer need to pre-order meal kits for children via MyPaymentsPlus.
- Meal Kits can be picked-up by arriving at the school of your choosing at the designated time and date posted on our website. Upon arrival at the pickup location, notify the Cobb Food & Nutrition Services staff how many meal kits are needed for children ages 0-18.
- You may pick-up meal kits for children at one location and children do not need to be present in the car.
Family Dinners and Adult Meal Kits will still be pre-ordered through MyPaymentsPlus.com. Family Dinners must be pre-ordered on MyPaymentsPlus prior to Thursday at 11:30PM. Family Dinners will be picked up on Monday from the school you selected on the pre-order form.
- Amazon Smile
Did you know that Durham Middle PTSA has an AMAZON SMILE account?
If you want Amazon to donate to Durham Middle PTSA, you need to start each shopping session at the URL smile.amazon.com, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases. Your first visit, you’ll have to choose Durham Middle PTSA as your designated charity. Every time you shop at Amazon Smile after that, DMS PTSA gets a donation!
Visit Your AmazonSmile Impact to see donation information and learn more about your charity.
AmazonSmile: You shop. Amazon gives.
- DMS Learning Commons Offers Curb-side Pick Up